As you know, Outlook email is from Microsoft and this opens the door for users who have access to certain functions that still cannot be considered definitive, but that might well be useful, similar to what happens with the service of Gmail email. However, the focus is a little different, it should be noted that Outlook.com is included in the Power Point Suite, Microsoft Office, together with Microsoft Word and Excel.
The services you can enjoy with Outlook, in addition to email, described below
- It has an integrated search function that allows you to quickly find what you are looking for. This search can be done using keywords to find dates, contacts and emails, you can search in contacts and also in your Inbox. It is very easy to filter messages by category, simply type the name of it in the search bar, or add a preferred category at the top of the sidebar on the left and the most important messages are just a click away.
- Provides unlimited file and document storage space
- You can use it on any type of device.
- All Outlook.com users can count on an interface with a higher level of response, it allows to synchronize the e-mail directly in the Calendar or List of contacts. Integrates a calendar and meeting Agenda tool, it also integrates an office editor to create and edit documents in various formats. The user can share his calendar with any of the contacts he chooses. You can also create, edit, and manage an online calendar for any important client. The user can enjoy a modern design that reduces visual clutter and offers faster ways to navigate your calendar.
- The Outlook Social Connector is an integral part of Outlook from Microsoft Office 2010 and allows the integration of social networks such as Linkedin, Facebook and Windows Live Messenger into Microsoft Outlook.
- You have Skype in the mailbox, which is an instant communication system and free video conferencing, true-time and extremely easy to use. The user will have all their contacts automatically synchronized between the two accounts. It also introduces new ways to access favorite add-ons, such as Boomerang, Evernote and Paypal, as well as classifying and filtering emails.
- Microsoft added in Outlook the integration with Google Talk. This is a way to keep in touch with those people who use Gmail.
And there are many more services to enjoy…
- You can customize the user interface and color.
- The user can send someone from their contact list to a text message directly to the phone,
- It has an information encryption system that allows users to be quiet about the privacy of the content of the messages, ie it is the end-point encryption, since the security features have been improved for this.
- You have spam protection and web thieving websites. It has a color system: green, yellow and red to identify safe senders and alert on those who are very likely to be fraudulent. Those who have the green color point out those who are reliable senders, the yellow ones point to spam messages and those marked in red can be extremely dangerous, this is where you can find the probable phishers identity.
- Outlook allows you to disable live links and block senders.
- In addition, it has two-factor authentication support, if it is true that this is not specifically designed for Outlook, its functionality extends to it.
- Outlook supports the IMAP protocol, it is probably the most surprising, as third-party services can be integrated with Outlook.com.
- With Outlook you can translate e-mail messages from almost any language.
- It is very easy to start a direct conversation or send an email from the People section view, there you can find recent conversations and attachments from a particular contact and see all the photos sent in one view.
- Outlook.com add-ons bring the users ‘ preferred applications to the Inbox, this allows them to complete their activities faster, store a direct email in their book, make a payment to a contact, mails during a flight, Send a gift or a coffee.