Create control rules and filters in Hotmail: Hotmail, now known as Outlook, has great features that are unknown to most users who use the email service.
To explain how to do each of the actions of creating control rules and filters in Hotmail should know what each one of these elements means.
This post is interesting: Create Hotmail Account
Doing this kind of action is easier than Hotmail users think it is.
These control rules make it easier for someone who uses his email to work and receive large amounts of messages. But they also work for users who want to be sorted with all the messages they receive. Or, on the other hand, you want to have alerts and notifications when you get a message from a specific sender to your inbox.
create control rules and filters in Hotmail
- 1 create control rules and filters in Hotmail
- 2 What are the Hotmail rules necessary?
- 3 Create blank folders:
- 4 Organize more easily:
- 5 Be attentive to each message, depending on its importance:
- 6 How to create a rule?
- 7 How to change a user’s messages to a default folder?
What are the control rules in Hotmail?
The rules of control are actions that are put in place with the messages that arrive to your inbox of the e-mail. The option is enabled and you choose which action you want to take with messages that have some kind of similarity.
To exemplify, if you are enrolled in an informative newsletter, also known as an information bulletin, you can select an action to be saved automatically in a User preference folder. This is just one example of what can be done with this action; As well as this example, it is possible to make several folders and several actions to filter the messages in the Inbox.
What are the Hotmail rules necessary?
By constantly working with an email service, operations become repetitive and tedious. To carry out the rules of control of Enhotmail, the actions are done automatically by electronic mail. In fact, the email system has models for the actions that are commonly run by Hotmail users.
Some reasons users use the control rules are:
Create blank folders:
Getting all the messages in the Inbox becomes creepy reading the messages, because it makes it look like it’s too much work. To do this it is essential to change the messages to a folder that is completely white to read and record each message with the importance that should be given to each one.
Organize more easily:
As mentioned above, it is possible to make folders, for example, for a given word that appears in the subject of all received messages, change to the folder that was created for this topic. And so you can do with a subject you want and subdivide it into folders, to be more organized in the email more easily and automatically. Because this action will be done with every word or phrase you choose.
Be attentive to each message, depending on its importance:
Using the filters also makes it possible to make notifications every time a message arrives from a given sender that you choose with the control rules action. In addition, you can get notifications to the mobile devices of the users themselves to keep up with the emails that that particular person sends.
How to create a rule?
The following steps are as follows:
- The first is to select the Rule option and select Manage Rules and Alerts, then select File and click Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Under E-mail rules, select the Rules and Alerts checkbox and select New rule.
- In the Rule Wizard option you need to go to step 1: Select a template and, depending on the action you want to perform, opt for the preference option, which are: Keep organized, keep updated or start from a blank rule.
How to change a user’s messages to a default folder?
To perform this action, you must:
- The first is to select the option for people or public folders.
- Then, in the direction of the rule, you must choose between two options: If you select the search option, you must enter the name of the user you want or, on the other hand, choose the Address Book and the user is searched.
- It is verified that it is the appropriate email address and when it is necessary to click on
- Then in the specified folder choose Rules and alerts you choose a folder and again you click on
- As the last step is to select the next option and then in step 3: Set conditions for a rule.