Hotmail vs. Gmail
The e-mail was one of the most efficient inventions, which created the man, thanks to him it is possible to send and receive e-mails on the Internet, thus facilitating the communication of the users. There are many ways to send emails, but among these many, there are two of which we will talk: Hotmail and Gmail.
The Hotmail is a free email server, founded in 1995, and was the first email system over the Internet. After being created it was purchased for its creators Jack Smith and Knower Bhatia from Microsoft, which they added to their MSN network. Later it changed the name for Live and today it is known by the name of Outlook.com.
On the other hand, we have that Gmail is a type of email service dependent on the famous company Google Inc. offers a free service and caught the attention of users thanks to technological innovations, capacity and other features Modern you have. It is also known as Google Mail in some countries. It is verified that Gmail is one of the most used tools of Google after the investigator.
According to research, it is said that this last step for Hotmail (now Outlook) of the post of the mail server most used by users in the year 2012. This was due to its security protocols, capacity, cloud storage and personalization options. In addition, these electronic servers are allied accounts, work together and have incorporated options to import contacts and messages from one account to another. This is due to the high use that the users give to both, and to allow to see the messages of both accounts in a single one, is one of the advantages that the accounts of service of mail offer to the user.
Importing messages and contacts between Gmail and Hotmail accounts
There are two ways to import messages and contacts from one account to another. If you want to import Gmail messages in Outlook, you must follow these steps:
- The email modernoAcceder to the Gmail account that you already have and does not click the configuration option.
- Click the Forward and Email tab.
- Click the one that appears when you add a new email. Later, enter your email address Outlook.com or Hotmail and click Next. Don’t forget that you need to confirm your Hotmail account!
- Do not close the Gmail tab you are in! In another guide or window open the Outlook account you want to add, there you must look for a Gmail email with a verification code.
- Then you must put the confirmation code in the window that had to leave open the Gmail account. After this, click Verify.
- You must locate the place where you want to keep the messages, and in which you want to receive in the future a copy of the emails received in your email IGM. Don’t forget to save the changes!
The email modernoDel same way
If you want to send new messages to your Gmail address; from your Outlook or Hotmail account below is what you should do:
- In your Outlook account, click Settings in the upper-right corner.
- Click where it says to send/receive email messages from other accounts, click Add Account to send mail from.
- Enter your Gmail address and click Send Verification message.
- You must then confirm this as you did before, but it is now the inbox of Gmail email.
And smart, it’s easy! Now, when you want to compose a message from Outlook using your other email address; you will be able to select your Gmail account and send it from there without having to leave your account. In the same way.
It is important to note that this is a completely reversible step, you can undo it once you want.
After the implementation of this option if it would not be very useful, without the Gmail address book. Fortunately, it incorporates a way to incorporate it into your Outlook account. So how to import email addresses from Gmail to Hotmail?
- Click the down arrow next to the Outlook logo, then choose “People “.
- Follow the instructions that explain in order to connect Outlook to your Gmail address book. It depends on the amount of contacts the time it took to import.
The same can be invested, you can import all the contacts from Hotmail to your Gmail account. Do the following:
- Access your Gmail inbox.
- Click Settings, then click “Accounts and import.
- You must click to import e-mail messages and contacts, so, later, the popup window, enter your email address and Hotmail password
- And finally, the option to import contacts is highlighted.
Ready, it is easier to connect the Gmail and Hotmail account so that it can facilitate the functionality of both, no matter what your favorite.