Google Drive Computer: Google Drive is a cloud storage from a company of the same name that allows you to store up to 15 gigabytes of your personal information on third-party servers for free. At the same time you can be confident in the reliability and safety of the service.
No one except you should have access to your personal information on the drive. Manage this disc as easy as possible. In this article we will look at how to work with Google Drive computer through a web browser.
All operations with files on the disk are performed in real time right on the disk. You do not need to download the file to your computer to make changes to it, and then upload the new one back to disk.
Getting Started with Disk
Getting started is very simple:
- Go to any of the Google services, for example, search.
- Click on the tile icon in the upper right. A context menu should appear, showing a list of all available services. There you need to click on the disk.
- You’ll see the Google Drive interface with all the documents and files you’ve previously run in chronological order.
It should be understood that you can use the Google Drive service only if you are already registered there. If this is not the case, you will have to register by creating a Gmail mailbox or logging in to your current account. More about this was written in our other article.
Add files and folders in Google Drive computer
You can either create your own files and folders on the disk, or upload existing ones from the computer. Let’s look at how you can create a new file without downloading it from your computer:
- Open your Google Drive computer. There you will need to use the button “Create”, which is located at the top of the window.
- A context menu appears in which you want to select a file creation option that is acceptable to you. Here you can create an empty folder, document, table, presentation.
If you need to download any items from your computer, the process is as follows:
- Log in to your account and click on the “Create” button.
- Further, in the context menu, select the option “Upload files” or “Upload folder”.
- A “Explorer” will open, where you will need to select the items you want to load. Select them and click on “Open”.
- Wait for the download to your disk.
Access to other users files
In Google Drive, users can customize other people’s access to their files, allowing them to edit, comment, or just view. Access is opened by sending you links or adding your email address, which is registered with Google Drive, in a special list. Interact with the files of outsiders, you can not, exactly, as they are with yours.
To view the documents, files and folders available to you, click on the “Available to me” item in the left part of the window. You will see a list of all items. It should be understood that they are currently located on the disk of another user, and not on yours. If you want, you can add them to your disk. To do this, select the desired file or files (in the latter case, the selection occurs with the Ctrl key pressed). At the top of the screen, click on the button “Add to My Disk” (it is marked in the screenshot).
How to open access to files on Google Drive
If you need another user to access one of your files, use the settings. Here everything is very similar with the previous paragraph. Among the list of files on your disk you need to find the one to which you want to provide access. Highlight it. If necessary, you can select several files and folders to open them to third-party users of the service. Next, click on the button “Enable access by reference”, which is located in the top menu.
A link will be automatically created to access the selected files, which you can copy and send to the right person. If you need more detailed access settings, use the “Access Settings” item. There you can do the following:
- Specify what other users can do with your file, following the link – edit, comment, or just view
- You can close access by reference, and instead enter the email of the desired user. After applying the settings, this file will appear in the appropriate person in the appropriate section on the virtual disk.
What other features are there in Google Drive?
In addition to the features described above, you can perform other file operations, namely:
- Move them between folders that are created on your disk
- To set marks both for a hotel file, and for their group or folders
- Rename objects
- Create a backup copy of the object
- If necessary, the file can be downloaded to your computer for further editing. If a folder is downloaded, it will be downloaded to your computer as an archive.
On the example of the main features of Google Drive, we looked at how to use this service. In fact, there is nothing difficult and even an inexperienced PC user can deal with it. If this article was useful to you, then share it on social networks, perhaps the information here is useful to someone else.